The Staff Administrative Services (SAS) is part of UNDP's Office of Human Resources/Bureau of Management. The SAS is located in Copenhagen and carries the responsibility of contract, benefit and entitlement management for all UNDP international staff members recruited on FTA and TA appointments as well as general service staff in New York.
Please click here to view the organigramme of SAS.
In addition, SAS also administers the contract, benefit and entitlement management for UNOPS international staff recruited on FTA and TA appointments, as well as general service staff in Copenhagen and Italy.
At the present stage, SAS comprises three branches:
- the Benefits & Entitlements Services (BES), provides HR administrative services in accordance with the Staff Rules and Regulations to the following clients:
- UNDP international staff members recruited on FTA and TA appointments (excluding JPOs), as well as General Service staff based in New York.
- UNFPA international staff members recruited on FTA and TA appointments, as well as General Service Staff in New York.
- UNOPS international staff members recruited on FTA and TA appointments, as well as General Service staff in New York and Copenhagen.
- UNU international staff members recruited on FTA and TA appointments, as well as General Service staff and National Officers worldwide.
The BES team serve as HR focal points for the above mentioned staff members throughout their contractual period, from initial appointment to separation from service and events in between.
In this role, the BES team not only administer the benefits and entitlements of each staff member, but also provide guidance, assistance and support to the staff members with regarding the various aspects uniquely related to being an employee of UNDP, UNFPA, UNOPS and UNU respectively.
- the Global Payroll Services (GPS), which is responsible for the payroll administration of approximately 9,000 staff members of UNDP and its partner UN organizations in 166 locations worldwide.
- the JPO Service Centre (JPOSC), which administers the recruitment and placement procedure as well as benefits and entitlements of all JPOs from UNDP and affiliated (DDC, IAPSO, UNCDF, UNDGO, UNV) and the following partner agencies: UNAIDS, UNFPA, UNIDO, UNOPS, UNU, UN Women, UPU, WHO and the Mekong River Commission.
(UNDP OHR SAS - Staff Administrative Services - Midtermolen 3 DK-2100 Copenhagen O - Denmark)